Work with Us
We are looking for a systems engineer to join our experienced and friendly product and technology team. This is a great opportunity to join an experienced team and learn best practice in building and operating cloud software.
At Apperio we hire smart, creative people and give them the autonomy they need to have an impact. We also expect our engineers to do more than just commit code. We work in a very collaborative, high-trust environment and we expect you to share your expertise and experience with the team and participate actively in growing our engineering culture. You’ll be involved in defining how we build our platform, what tools we use, why we choose to do things a certain way and what features we build.
- We run all of our infrastructure on AWS and make good use of the wide range of available services & features.
- Manual processes and support don’t scale; we automate everything possible.
- We handle sensitive data and so security is important to us. We are ISO 27001 certified and build security into our platform from the start.
- Our current automation tools of choice are CloudFormation, Chef & Packer. However we’re open to exploring other solutions (e.g. Terraform).
- We use over 30 different AWS services including core services like EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS & ElastiCache along with Kinesis, Redshift, Glue, SageMaker, SQS & others.
- Help to build and run the infrastructure powering our product.
- Work to maintain the security, performance and availability of our platform.
- Build and maintain our CI/CD pipelines.
- Get involved with running IT for the business. We apply the same philosophy here though - automating everything possible.
- Help with out-of-hours support for the site (for extra pay)
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of systems engineering experience including linux and cloud/IaaS experience (ideally AWS).
- Ideally, experience working in an environment with stringent security requirements.
- First class problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable writing basic programs & scripts.
Our process is pretty simple:
- Phone interview - 30 minutes - where we will discuss your CV and tell you a bit about the business.
- Small 30-minute online programming exercise to do in your own time.
- On-site, face-to-face technical interview - 2 hours - where you also get to meet the team and see the offices.
to apply. Back to Openings