These are the terms of supply for services ordered on www.apperio.com (Site). The Site is operated by or on behalf of Apperio Limited (Apperio, we, us and our). We are a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 07797028, and our registered office is at Devonshire House, 60 Goswell Road, London, Greater London EC1M 7AD. Our VAT registration number is GB162808111.
Your use of any of the services offered on the Site (Services) is subject to these terms and by using any Service you agree to be bound by them. You should print a copy of these terms for future reference. Use of your personal information submitted to or via the Site is governed by our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
These terms were last updated on 17th July 2017.
The Apperio Service
Apperio provides various budgeting, analytics, forecasting and tracking tools to law firms ("Law Firms") and businesses who use external legal council ("Businesses") so that Legal Service Providers can improve the management and transparency of their matters and fees (the "Services").
Use of the Services
You, as a user of the Services, may have the right to access the Services for either of the following reasons:
- You are an employee of or otherwise authorised by a Law Firm to access and use the Services ("Law Firm User")
- You are a client of a Law Firm and the Law Firm has provided you access to the Services ("Client User"). Other than these terms, Apperio does not have a contract with the client in connection with the use of the Services.
- You are an employee of or otherwise authorised by a Business to access and use the Services ("Business User")
You should only use the Services where you have been granted permission by the Law Firm or Business, as applicable. If you are not so authorised, you should not use this Site. All use of the Site and the Services should be in a commercial capacity - the Services should not be used, and are not intended to be available, for personal use.
Username and Password
To use any Service, you must first have an account with us, with a username and password. The first time you log onto the Service you will be asked to create a username and password. Your username must be your corporate email address. You must keep your password confidential at all times and use it only to access and use your account and not for any other purpose. You are the only authorised user of your account (unless expressly specified otherwise in the relevant Service description on the Site) and, accordingly, you must not disclose your password to anyone else. You should contact us immediately upon discovering any unauthorised use of your account or error in the operation of your password (see Contacting us). Any breach of these terms and/or any use of your account by anyone to whom you disclose your password will be treated as if the breach or use had been carried out by you, and will not relieve you of your obligations to us.
You must cease to use the password for your account upon termination of your account for whatever reason.
Changes to the Service and terms
As it is our policy continually to review and update our Service offerings, we reserve the right to make changes to any Service and/or to these terms from time to time.
Service suspension and termination
We may, from time to time, with or without prior notice, temporarily suspend the operation of any Service and/or the Site (in whole or in part) for repair or maintenance work or in order to update or upgrade any contents, features or functionality.
We may, with or without prior notice, suspend and/or terminate any Service and/or your use of your account in the event that you have breached any of these terms. We will also notify the Law Firm or Business to which your account relates that you have breached these terms.
If you have breached these terms, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Such a breach by you may result in our taking, with or without notice, all or any of the following actions:
- issue of a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use any Service;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all recoverable loss and damage resulting from the breach; and/or
- disclosure of all relevant information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we deem appropriate.
Upon termination of any Service or your account, for any reason:
- all rights granted to you under these terms will immediately cease; and
- you must promptly discontinue all use of the relevant Service.
Where you wish to terminate your account, you must notify your Law Firm, Business and/ or the person who provided you with your username and password, of your wish to terminate your account. This wish will then be passed on to Apperio, who will terminate your account.
Apperio shall terminate your account if the agreement between the relevant business or Law Firm and Apperio (as applicable) is terminated for any reason, or Apperio receives notice from a Law Firm or Business that you should no longer have access.
Access to the Site
It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment (computer, laptop, netbook, tablet or other mobile device) meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Site and is compatible with the Site.
We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the Site. There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Site, or any features, parts or content of the Site.
What you are allowed to do
You may only use the Site in accordance with these terms. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and, subject to the next section, store such pages in electronic form. Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Site and, where they apply, will be displayed on-screen or accessible via a link.
What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms, you are not allowed to:
- 'scrape' content or store content of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all of the content of the Site;
- remove or change any content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted; or
- create links to the Site from any other website, without our prior written consent, although you may link from a website that is operated by you provided the link is not misleading or deceptive and fairly indicates its destination, you do not imply that we endorse you, your website, or any products or services you offer, you link to (and do not frame or replicate) the home page of the Site, and the linked website does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
All rights granted to you under these terms will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in any content of the Site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by us or our licensors. Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading content from the Site. In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the Site (only as permitted by these terms), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
Site features and content
We may change the format, features and content of the Site from time to time. You agree that your use of the Site is on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that content on the Site consisting of information of which we are the source is correct, you acknowledge that the Site may make content available which is derived from a number of sources, for which we are not responsible. In all cases, information on the Site is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
You may be able to upload content to the Site as part of your use of the Service ("User Content"). By uploading any User Content, you confirm that it is your own content, or where it is the content of another individual, you have their permission to upload the Content to the Site.
You must keep all User Content relevant to the purpose of the Services.
User Content must not:
- contain, transmit, distribute, link to or otherwise make available, or advertise or promote any content that infringes any intellectual property rights or data protection, privacy or other rights of any other person, is defamatory or in breach of any contractual duty or any obligation of confidence, is obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, inciteful of violence or hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory (on any ground), liable to cause anxiety, alarm or embarrassment, knowingly false or misleading, or that does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations or is otherwise objectionable ("Prohibited Content");
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your relationship with any person or entity;
- contain, transmit or distribute any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, marketing or promotional material or other form of solicitation (spam); or
- transmit or distribute any virus and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to delete, edit or modify any User Content submitted by you and/or to close any topic, at any time without notice to you where we deem such User Content to be inappropriate for the Site.
Complaints about the content of any User Content may be shared with your Employer in the first instance.
The Site may, from time to time, include links to external sites, which may include links to third party offers and promotions. We include these to provide you with access to information, products or services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators or promoters.
Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability to you:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for breach of any term implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and which, by law, may not be limited or excluded; or
- for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded.
Subject to this, in no event shall we be liable to you for any indirect or consequential losses, or for any loss of profit, revenue, contracts, data, goodwill or other similar losses, and any liability we do have for losses you suffer arising from use of the Services shall be limited as set out in the separate agreement between:
- Apperio and your Employer, if you are a Legal Service Provider User; or
- a Client and the relevant Firm, if you are a Client User.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms of Service that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
Specifically we shall have no liability for the delivery by any Law Firm of legal services for its Clients and/or for any GC.
You may not transfer or assign any or all of your rights or obligations under these Terms of Service.
All notices given by you to us must be given in writing to the address set out at the end of these terms. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order.
If we fail to enforce any of our rights, that does not result in a waiver of that right.
If any provision of these terms is found to be unenforceable, all other provisions shall remain unaffected.
These terms may not be varied except with our express written consent.
These terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter of any contract between you and us.
These terms shall be governed by English law.
You agree that any dispute between you and us regarding these terms will only be dealt with by the English courts.
Please submit any questions you have about these terms or an order you have placed or ordering in general, or any complaint or concern in relation to any Service ordered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.