ALX 2021: Panel 2 - Proving the value of legal to the wider business
On Thursday 29 April 2021, Apperio held its first virtual legal conference for private fund leaders - ALX.
Legal costs are sometimes seen as a cost of business, but as investment costs across the board grow, so too has scrutiny. This necessitates a proactive approach to managing the legal budget, which is a sizeable challenge as legal costs can vary widely and are traditionally unpredictable.
The second panel looked at how to prove the value of legal to the wider business including:
- How and why legal expenses exceed budgets
- Which matters in private investing are most prone to cost overruns
- Big-ticket legal costs outside fundraising or M&A
- Reactive ways for managing higher-than-expected invoices now
- Proactive ways to better manage legal spend
* * *
If you enjoyed this video, you might also like:
ALX 2021: Panel 3 - Building better relationships with peers in private capital